Landlords & Tenants
Assured Shorthold Tenancies, Part 6 Housing Act 2004, Tenancy deposit Scheme, Fixtures and fittings, EPC’s, Rent Act, Taxation, Mortgages, Section 21 notices, Possession Orders, Court bailiffs, HMO’s, Housing Health & Safety Rating System, Rents, Letting Agents, Rights of Collective Enfranchisement…
And these are just a few of the words, phrases, concepts and Acts of Parliament which a modern residential Landlord has to be familiar with.
The perception is that a residential Landlord has an easy life – he just sits back and accepts the rent.
We know from our conversations with our own Landlord clients that this is often far from the case.
The careful landlord has to:
- Buy his property once he has sourced the appropriate funding
- Fix the appropriate rent
- Check the property and put right anything which is unsafe
- Redecorate or refurbish it
- Obtain an Energy Performance Certificate (‘EPC’)
- Arrange an initial and then annual gas safety checks
- Make sure that any furniture, etc, supplied with the let satisfy the Regulations
- Arrange an initial inspection of the electrical wiring and electrical equipment
- Find a Letting Agent if required
- Find a Tenant
- Ensure that the requirements of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme are met
- Enter into an AST agreement with the Tenant
- Take up references
- Take up a Guarantee
…and all before the Landlord has received any rent.
Over our years in practice, we have built up an expertise helping Landlords at all stages of the Let.
We are there to help even when the relationship goes badly wrong and the Tenant owes rent or has trashed the house.
We don’t want to make a bad financial situation worse and so have put together some fixed fee packages to help our Landlords.
Call our Landlord and Tenant team on 0121 778 2371 and speak to an expert or Contact Us here.
Download your Free AST Agreement by clicking the button below.
Request a Free Consultation
If you would like to speak to one of our experts regarding your legal matter simply complete the form below and we will call you back.
Our Services: Whether Personal or Business
The Law Practice provides an extensive range of legal services to private clients and businesses across offices in Walsall, Great Barr, Stratford upon Avon and London. From the individual to the blue chip company we have the experience to deliver an expert range of legal services at very reasonable prices.